Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership
According to the article “Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership”, one of the most important constructs in leadership today is the concept and application of emotional intelligence (EI). Imagine that you are an internal consultant to an organization of your choosing and the CEO has tasked you with preparing a presentation for the Board of Directors on what emotional intelligence is, and its influence on leadership and the people within the organization. You will create the presentation using PowerPoint.
In preparation for this assignment, review the following additional resources on emotional intelligence:
“Cultivating emotional intelligence” (3 min 36 s), located at http://www.lynda.com/Business-Skills-tutorials/Cultivating-emotional-intelligence/124087/144439-4.html?org=strayer.edu.
Batool, B. F. (2013) Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership. Journal of Business Studies Quarterly, 4(3), 84-94.
Robbins, S. P., & Judge, T. A. (2015). Organizational behavior (16th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Prepare an eight to ten (8-10) slide presentation in which you:
- Fully explain emotional intelligence, and give two (2) examples of the concept. Next, examine the concept of “emotional quotient” compared to traditional “intelligence quotient.”
- Suggest two to three (2-3) reasons why leaders’ need emotional intelligence to manage today’s workforce. Speculate on at least two (2) possible consequences should a leader not possess emotional intelligence.
- Explore the elements of emotional intelligence that leaders must be aware of to increase leadership effectiveness.
- Recommend a strategy that the organization could undertake in order to improve the social skills of leaders within the organization and thereby positively influence their emotional intelligence. Support your recommendation with specific examples that illustrate why the strategy would be effective.
- Include speaker’s notes for each slide to indicate what you would say as you were delivering the presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Use at least three (5) quality academic references in this assignment. You may include the resource(s) provided in the assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource. All references must be from the last 5 years and peer reviewed material.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Include an APA formatted reference section. The title and references slides are not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explore how individual differences, personality traits, and perspectives impact the productivity of an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership and organizational behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership and organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.