Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Prisons as a Microcosm of Society, Yet Completely Different
Prisons represent a microcosm of society, and offenders will display the same types of psychopathology as that of nonincarcerated citizens. However, offenders are more likely to display certain mental disorders at a higher prevalence than the nonincarcerated populations.
Using at least three scholarly resources from the professional literature, research the prevalence of mental disorders among correctional populations. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov).
In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
- Which mental disorders are found at a higher prevalence among correctional populations? Distinguish and specify for both male and female offenders.
- What are some reasons why these correctional populations might display a higher prevalence of mental disorders?
- Identify and describe 4â€“6 broad categories of information that you would want to assess with an offender arriving at a correctional institution. For example, one broad category may be medical issues and you would ask specific questions of an offender.
- Identify the additional correctional variables that may need to be assessed with offenders.
Give reasons and examples to support your responses.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses in a minimum of 300 words to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||