Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
C â€“ 1Assignment â€“ Topic Selection – Research on an existing or emerging IT-related technology and related ethical issues (3%)
- Topic Title â€“ Begin with a topic title that describes what youâ€™re writing about
- Explain brieflyâ€”one paragraph should be sufficientâ€”why you selected this topic.
- Determine three critically important questions you would like to address regarding your topic when you complete your research for the C â€“ 2 Narrative. Include a written descriptionâ€”1 or 2 sentences as a brief paragraphâ€”for each question that includes why that question is critically important. These questions will form the thesis and starting point for your research and final written assignment, the Ethical Issue in Information Technology.Remember:the emphasis on this paper is on digital technology and the ethical issue(s) with its use
- The objective in developing and posing these questions is to stage your research and writing for the final C â€“ 2 Issues Paper so that one or more ethical principles are applied and explained as a result of your research.
- This process helps you establish a thesis for your research.
- Provide at least three proposed reference sources, at least two of which must be from the UMUC library databases (or an equivalent academic database).
- Submit your topic selection and three questions as a combined Microsoft Word documentâ€”upload as an attachment in your assignment folder “C1 Topic.”
Remember; include a cover page and follow all APA formatting requirements.
Following are some topic ideas you may want to select for this assignment.Be sure to keep in mind the technology aspects of this assignment are different from Paper A (IT-related issues in general that are ethical problems that are resolved through organizational and policy solutions).
Information Technology â€“ Ethical Issues that Arise Because of the Technology:
The Internet: search engines, filtering, pornography, access, etc.
Databases: data mining, privacy, security, etc.
Communication: e-mail, social networking, monitoring, etc.
Gaming: regulation, violence, addiction, gender stereotyping, educational games, etc.
The IT Industry: intellectual property, e-waste, software piracy, etc.
You must secure feedback approval of your C1 topic assignment from the instructor before proceeding with your C2!
Paper C-2 – Individual research on existing or emerging IT-related technology and related ethical issues (Individual) (12%)
This is the second part of a three-part assignment, an individual assignment to research existing or emerging IT related technology and its ethical impact.
- You are required to use the topic from your C 1 submittal that was approved by your instructor.
- Prepare a minimum 3- 5 page, double-spaced paper and submit it to your Assignments Folder as an attached Microsoft Word file. Indicate appropriate (APA) reference citations for all sources you use
- Ensure that your research addresses the ethical issues of an existing or emerging technology!
- In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your paper should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.
- An important part of your final paper must include a one page synopsis of the topic selection. You should state why you feel this is important and describe any supporting resources you found supporting your choice. This synopsis will be particularly useful to share with members of your Study Group to complete the C 3 Assignment.
- Post your topic selection for your Study Groupâ€”the one-page synopsis should sufficeâ€”for further collaboration in preparation for a group presentation.
PowerPoint C3 â€“ Group Presentation of research on existing or emerging IT-related technology and related ethical issues (Group) (15%)
This assignment is a continuation of the individual activity (C1 and C 2) on researching an existing or emerging IT technology and its related ethical issues.
Work in your assigned groups for this assignment as it is a continuation of the individual activity (C1) on researching an existing or emerging IT technology and its related ethical issues. To satisfy this assignment, each assigned study group will need to gain consensus on the final topic drawing from the topics each member researched individually which will then be used as the single topic for the group presentation. Group members must review each individual topic submitted as Paper C1 and C2 (the synopsis version should make this easier) and select a candidate topic which will be used as the group presentation. The ability to gain consensus to work as a group and collaborate is vital to the success of this assignment!
The presentation will be developed using MS Office PowerPoint and should include:
- 1 Title slide including names and paper title
- 1-2 Introductory slides providing an overview of the topic selected and rationale for selection
- 5-8 slides providing research results on emerging technologies and related issues
- 2 slides on summary/conclusion
- 1 – Reference slide
- Use the notes section to elaborate on your major bullet topics
The following reference/source may further help in developing this PowerPoint presentation.Moreover, be sure to use brief statements in your slidesâ€”word-bitesâ€”bullets that show some hierarchy of importance.See:How to Excel at Briefing Senior Executives:http://www.melissalewis.com/articles/A-Briefings.p…
Use the notes portion of PowerPoint to elaborate on key points as needed. Remember to cite sources using proper APA format and provide direct link. Ensure that your source comes from a reputable source. Do NOT submit research taken from Wikipedia sources, blogs, or sources with no date and/or author. Please refer to the course syllabus for the due date. Once all presentations are posted, there will be a follow-on conference where students can comment and remark on each groupâ€™s presentation. This is to be done in a respectful manner and is meant to provide students with positive and constructive feedback, and have the class benefit from other groupsâ€™ different research topics and conclusions.