Even the smartest students need writing assistance at some point during their academic career. Should you lock yourself in a room and spend the entire weekend trying to write a paper? We promise you that the paper that you pay for won’t be resold or submitted elsewhere. It will also be written according to the instructions that you and your professor provide. Our excellent essays stand out among the rest for a reason. Don’t just take our word, check them out by yourself.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
I do not have the literature available
Directions: Choose four of the following passages, two from each section. Write a well-developed paragraph for each passage youâ€™ve selected. Your paragraphs should:
- Explain what is happening in the passage.
- Quote at least three important phrases from the passage and explain why you think they’re important, how they help readers to understand the passage, and how the phrases connect to the text as a whole.
- For this reading response, connect the passages to at least one of the contemporary articles as well (â€œHow Politics Has Poisoned Islam,â€ â€œA Letter Concening Muslim Toleration,â€ and/or â€œIslamâ€™s Problem with Blasphemyâ€)
- When you are finished, you should have written four paragraphs, one corresponding to each passage you selected.
Section 1: The Koran, The Feast, Jonah, and Joseph
- â€œYou who believe, be steadfast in your devotion to God and bear witness impartially: do not let hatred of others lead you away from justice, but adhere to justice, for that is closer to awareness of God. Be mindful of God. God is well aware of all that you do. God has promised forgiveness and a rich reward to those who have faith and do good works; those who reject faith and deny Our revelations will inhabit the blazing Fireâ€ (75).
- â€œWho could be more wicked than someone who invents lies against God or denies His revelations? The guilty will never prosper. They worship alongside God things that can neither harm not benefit them, and say, â€˜These are our intercessors with God.â€™ Say, â€˜Do you think you can tell God about something He knows not to exist in heaven or earth? Glory be to Him! He is far above the partner-gods they associate with Him! All people were originally one single community, but later they differedâ€ (83).
- â€œ. . . â€˜Because of Godâ€™s grace to us and to all mankind, we would never worship anything beside God, but most people are ungrateful. Fellow prisoners, would many diverse gods be better than God the One, the All Powerful? [No indeed!] All those you worship instead of Him are mere names you and your forefathers have invented, names for which God has sent down no sanction. Authority belongs to God alone, and He orders you to worship none but Him: this is the true faith, though most people do not realize itâ€™â€ (89).
Section 2: The Koran, Mary, The Lord of Mercy, Purity of Faith
- â€œ[This isâ€ a statement of the Truth about which they are in doubt: it would not befit God to have a child. He is far above that: when He decrees something, He says only, â€˜Be,â€™ and it is. â€˜God is my Lord and your Lord, so serve Him: that is a straight pathâ€™â€ (94).
- â€œIt is the Lord of Mercy who taught the Qurâ€™an. He created man and taught him to communicate. The sun and the moon follow their calculated courses; the plants and the trees submit to His designs; He has raised up the sky. He has set the balance so that you may not exceed in the balance: weigh with justice and do not fall short in the balance. He set down the Earth for His creatures, with its fruits, its palm trees with sheathed clusters, its husked grain, it fragrant plants. Which then, of your Lordâ€™s blessings do you both denyâ€ (96)?
- â€œIn the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy. Say, â€˜He is God the One, God the eternal. He begot no one nor was He begotten. No one is comparable to Himâ€ (97).